Thursday, March 17, 2011

Food-Finding Credentials

    As you might be able to tell from the title of this blog....I am mildly, or seriously, obsessed with finding amazing food and promptly consuming it.  It's pretty much all about the food, atmosphere can matter and make a nice package, but great, real food is undeniable.  There is little else that thrills me on a daily basis than hunting down a hole-in-the-wall eatery and feeling like I have discovered some delectable treats that some poor souls could be missing out on.  This is why I feel that sharing the spoils of my discoveries (a.k.a.  food that makes one drool), is only fair.
   Now, don't get me wrong, I eat at places that are on the radar as well, but I will promise to provide my honest opinion about whether I am in on the hype, or not.  I also enjoy finding recipes and cooking up some foods in my own hole-in-the-wall eatery (i.e. my not so state of the art kitchen), because, come on, we can't eat out all the time...or can we?  No, no we can't, and we don't want to either, right!?!  I mean, with farmer's markets to local meats and treats (we are in the Midwest here, farms galore!), there can be some bangin' good homemade eats in the comfort of your own home!
    I recently moved to the Midwest, but my obsession with food is nothing new.  The upside here is that all of the restaurants in Indy are new to me...and I can't wait to dive right in...tastebuds first.   Come and join me, and go check out some of these places if you haven't already.  Take your friends, have some laughs, but best of all, laugh over good, fresh food...and support some local business in the process!!

   Oh yeah, I almost forgot!  Happy St. Patty's day.  Go enjoy some green beer, or just a delicious beer like a Bell's Two Hearted (local from Michigan!).  It's going to be 70 today and I can think of nothing better than a beer, green or otherwise on a patio overlooking the canal in Broad Ripple.

1 comment:

  1. I am off the chain excited about this blog!!! I can't wait to visit you... And eat!!!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...