Friday, March 25, 2011

Kobe Beef Burgers and Strawberry-Kiwi Salad

Last night I made some Kobe beef burgers, which I do fairly often because they are one thing I make that Hubs really likes.  I have a few go to recipes that I make when I don't feel like being too creative or going to too much trouble for a during the week dinner, and burgers are one of them.  I started ordering fresh, organic produce from Green B.E.A.N. delivery a few months ago, and it's been great.  They have a really nice variety of fresh fruits and veggies AND they also deliver other things, like organic meats, eggs, milk and a slew of other organic and local goodies.  Well, they happen to have this Joseph DeCuis Kobe beef that is from right here in Roanoke, Indiana.  So, I thought I would give it  a try.  If you haven't had Kobe beef burgers, I think you too oughtta give them a whirl.  They are so good, they almost melt in your mouth.  I like to make my burgers with bread crumbs, an egg, worschestire sauce, salt, pepper, italian seasoning and garlic powder.  Hubs and I almost prefer them to getting burgers out (except that burgers out means I don't have to do dishes!!).  A delicious burger on a fresh sesame seed bun topped with cheddar or havarti or meunster (I loooovee cheese!) is one of our favorite meals these days.

Hubs enjoyed his burger with cheddar and nice mason jar full o' some craft beer I'm sure :)
I typically try to pair the burgers with something kind of healthy, it depends on what we have from our bi-weekly delivery from Green B.E.A.N.  Often it's sweet potato fries with cinnamon or green beans, but since strawberries are in season right now and spinach seems to be in great supply these days too, I decided to whip up a refreshing strawberry-kiwi salad.  Maybe the weather will start to cooperate and salads can slowly be worked back into the menu!  I find it hard to eat cold food when it's so cold outside and I do miss a nice, crisp salad, so it was a yummy treat.  Simple and clean, green romaine, spinach, strawberries, kiwi, walnuts and wild maine blueberry vinaigrette.   I finally get to use some of my new salad serving dishes we got for our wedding too!!  Double awesome :)


The other cool part about this dinner was that we watched the Gators win in the sweet sixteen last night!!  Go Gators.  On to play Butler now, should be interesting being Gators in Bulldog country.  Don't hate us for being scaly...and awesome :)  Should be a fun game.

1 comment:

  1. I have found that this site is very informative, interesting and very well written. keep up the nice high quality writing Spice Australia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...