Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Monday Night Dinna...Veggie Time!

We had ourselves some portobello mushroom burgers with sauteed asparagus last night and strawberry shortcake for dessert...finally!


A little deviation from the plan, but like I said, pretty much expected.  I have made the portobello burgers before, but I changed it up a little bit to use ingredients I had in the house.  I used a black bean, garlic and thyme puree for some added protein, grilled up the portobellos after a little marinating in olive oil, garlic and balsamic vinegar.  Topped with havarti (of course), spinach and tossed on a toasted sesame seed bun.  Easy and pretty darn delicious.  Then, I was going to roast my asparagus, but I changed my mind last minute.  I decided to sauté them in chicken broth (not so veggie...sorry), salt, pepper and garlic (good things Hubs and I both ate this meal...apparently I have a thing for garlic!).  They were really thick asparagi (haha), so I wanted to make sure I cooked them through and not dry them out.  I think they turned out perfectly!  Two green things on my plate...not too bad.  Had to make some caloric room for the encore.

Mmmmm...I got a little crazy and thought making dough for strawberry shortcake was a good idea.  Admittedly, I am not a very good baker at this point, I try, but often things get a little hairy in the kitchen when flour is involved.  This was true of my shortcake, but I think it all miraculously worked out!


Fresh Florida strawberries, homemade shortcake with lemon butter spread and my first time making whipped cream.  I know that seems crazy, but I really do like some cool whip!!  The homemade stuff was pretty good and easy too :)  The shortcakes...not as easy!

And all the while, this is what we we have to deal with!!  How do you say no to this?!?  I just drop some veggies while I am cooking...he loves it!


Have a nice Tuesday :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your articles that you have shared with us. Hopefully you can give the article a good benefit to us. Tea Infuser

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...