Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Quinoa vegetable medley


Veggie night!  This is a great way to use up all the veggies in your fridge.  I sauteed up some red pepper, broccoli, portobello mushroom and yellow squash in olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper to taste.


It could've used a sauce of some sort, but I didn't feel like doing an asian sauce, so I went without.  I guess that made it even healthier!  Also, make sure you don't overcook those veggies...it retains the nutrients and flavors and veggies with a little crunch are so refreshing and delicious.  The quinoa was topped with the veggies and, voila, dinner is served.  I also wanted to use up some strawberries (it was a night of fridge cleansing, I guess!!), so we had those on the side.  It was kind of a little dessert, except that I still had a brownie later :(  No willpower when there are brownies in the house!!  Hopefully you all had a nice, healthyish start to your week.  Sometimes those weekends can be so gluttonous, it's nice to have a little Monday cleanse!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...